asHost has been a "secret" for a while ...
... originally it was meant for my own personal use, i.e. avoid using the mouse ...
it has since evolved into a test-bed for mGUI, plus it contains some rather "strange" tools ... ;-)
This documentation is by no means complete, and only contains some minimal information.
Current Status: asHost v1.2.7, 09 Aug 2009
, the asHost program.
- copy asHost.exe to e.g. C:\Program Files\asHost
- Start asHost.exe
- Select MainMenu >> Files >> Preferences:
- >> tab "ASIO" >> set ASIO driver
- >> tab "VST Folder" >> set at least 1 valid VST folder
- >> "MIDI Inputs" >> select the MIDI input you want to be active,
THEN press F2 to name the Port.
NOTE: MIDI inputs will ONLY be active if they are named
- >> click OK to accept all changed made to the Preferences.
- Select MainMenu >> MIDI >> Virtual Ports and
select one of the MIDI port names activated set in step 3c.
- Close down asHost and Restart asHost ...
CPU Meter problems
If the CPU meter doesn't work properly then check in RegEdit:
| Key:|| HKEY_LOCAL_MACINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\PerfOS\Performance
| Value:|| Disable Performance Counters = 0
--- or ---
View the following Microsoft
for instructions on how to correct this issue: